Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crazy Countdown

Dear Little One,
Your first birthday is drawing near and since going on Fall Break, I have often found myself in nostalgia these last few days. I cannot believe that a year ago today, I was as big as a house. I thought for sure you were going to be this nine pound monster as opposed to the tiny little creature with delicate features and a shock of black hair that actually came out. After nine months of throwing up and wicked heartburn, I was so ready to see your beautiful face (and to be honest, stop kicking the crap out of my ribs). I think, in my heart of hearts, I knew you were a girl all along, and I am so infinitely glad. It was such a long road getting to you that I can honestly say that I have appreciated each precious moment that I have spent with you. You have flipped my world upside down and I don't know how I ever lived without you. Perhaps in ten years, you will read this and be embarrassed over my mushy words, but I want to make sure it is said loud and clear- You are my sunshine. Funny that song never meant anything until you came along! Over the coming days, there will be plenty of birthday pictures, but I wanted to take a minute and write to you as you lie sleeping peacefully in your bed. I love you Bear- Happy early Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment